Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When 2 Strat Training.......

I’ll say training starts as soon as you receive your new pup.  The first thing I say to my new pup is “go potty” most likely I just picked up the new addition to my yard.  Better to use the bathroom outside then in the car and crate I’ll say.  After that it’s pretty simple: “come or let’s go”, if the pup comes great, if not simply go and pick the pup up and proceed to your car or on your way.  I open the car and crate doors then say “crate or cage” then the pup is placed inside and the door is closed.  Already my new pup has begun to learn 3 new phrases: “GO POTTY” “COME or LET’S GO” “CRATE OR CAGE”. Lol!!!
Dogs learn by repetition the more something is done or said the easier it becomes for the dog to understand what you want.  I run threw everything every day, focusing more on one thing or the other on certain days mixing the days throughout the weeks to make sure they have it. Bad behaviors can be corrected by understanding the needs of that individual dog; what’s missing?  It’s always ok to go to a reputable trainer when needed.  For the first time dog owner I recommend you and your pup take basic obedience classes, some of you second, third, fourth, and fifth dog owners need to take some classes as well. Dogs are able to learn a wide verity of words so invest into your dog by just spending quality one on one hands on time; you will be amazed at what you and your dog will learn.

Christopher W. Jones

Contact Information:
Email: thenovacainkennels2014@gmail.com