Monday, December 22, 2014

TRAINING YOUR NEW PUP OR DOG


Training:
Although some of the dogs may have a main job like protection, obedience, or
whatever it may be; I feel they should be treated as pets.
One suggestion I have for everyone is
to do your homework, learn about the breed. It’s always ok to go to a reputable trainer when
needed. For the first time dog owner I recommend you and your pup take basic obedience
classes, some of you second, third, fourth, and fifth time dog owners need to take some classes
as well. Dogs learn by repetition the more something is done or said the easier it becomes for
the dog to understand what you want.
All my dogs learn the basics, I run threw them daily (come, sit, lay, stay), focusing more on one
thing more than others on certain days to make sure they have it all. Dogs are able to learn a
wide verity of words so invest into your dog by just spending quality one on one hands on time;
you will be amazed at what you and your dog will learn.

Some say what about heel? I feel all dogs or pups should walk at your side at all times unless they were told to be out front, that’s just me. The reason I say all dogs learn the basics is because it is just that the basics, the building blocks to any intended goal. One of my favorite reference books on the basics of dog training is The Koehler Method of Dog Training by William Koehler. A really good read!

Christopher W. Jones

Contact Information:
Email: thenovacainkennels2014@gmail.com