Friday, February 12, 2016

Common Myths & Concerns About Raw Feeding………


 There are many myths and concerns when it comes to feeding a dog a natural diet, a few of the most common myths or concerns that I am asked or told about are as followed and these are my responses to each of them.

The Dogs Nutritional Needs Won’t Be Met!
Yes they will, dogs are carnivores and they need bone and meat. Some proof that your dog is getting proper nutrition is an improved coat clean teeth and breath and relief from skin allergies.
Dogs Can’t Eat Bone!
Yes dogs can eat bones only if they are raw. Cooked bones are another issues altogether, they splinter and are dangerous for your dog from end to end. Cooking them makes the bone hard instead of its softer, natural, uncooked, digestible, none splintering self.

What about salmonella and e-coli?
See dogs have a extremely acidic guts which helps prevent bacteria from colonizing. This acidic gut united with enzymes in their saliva, are known to have antibacterial properties. Dogs have a much higher bacteria tolerance that you and I. So it’s highly unlikely that your dog will get sick from raw food, unless the dogs immune system is already compromised. My advice is to use common sense and practice good hygiene when feeding a raw diet and if the food is spoiled it is NOT safe for your dogs.

Raw Meat Makes Dogs Bloodthirsty!
This is the most common myth and concern that I hear about. It doesn’t make the dogs into this must kill for blood vampire type creature it simply gives the dog better nutrition suited for its body. Look my dogs are always ready to eat; chicken, beef, fish, or whatever I give them but I have never had a dog raise a lip or growl or even try to tear my hand off to get to the food. I always practice taking bowls from my dogs and giving it back them, as well as sticking my hand inside of their bowls to add something or take something out of their bowls from a very young age and something I always recommend to people when either feeding a raw diet or kibble. It teaches the dog to respect you and other while eating, as well as not becoming food aggressive and protecting the food bowls from its owner.

Summary..........
There are many great articles online about myths and concerns of raw feeding I really suggest that you take the time to seek out further information if this short article that I have written doesn’t convince you that it is ok to feed a raw diet without the concern of your dog going rouge and turning into a vampire dogs. Or simply message me and I will be more than happy to help give you more information on feeding a dog a NATURAL RAW DIET............


Christopher W. Jones

Contact Information:
Email: thenovacainkennels2014@gmail.com