Sunday, April 14, 2013

Me & The Game Dog "BullDog"

The Game Bred American Pit Bull Terrier and I have fallen in love many years ago, loving everything about the Game Dog, since 1988. (True Story) One evening my uncle came home with this little black brindle and white female puppy that was this little monstrosity that didn’t listen to anyone but me, that we ended up calling Flava. Something grabbed me with this pup, a bond that I and Flava had that made me risk butt whoopins. Example: Uncle Joe: “Chris, when you get home tomorrow don’t take Flava outside until I get home, she needs a flea collar”. Me, “okay” not paying attention to anything he’s saying really, my mind is on this dog. Around 3:30pm the next day I get home from school, run right past grandma hearing her say “leave that dog alone, Joe gone get you” and outside me and Flava went. Up and down the street running and rolling in the grass for hours having the best time of our lives (back then) then inside to get ready for dinner we went. Later that evening Uncle Joe gets home and checks on Flava, he comes and asks me why is she itching and did I take her outside, I said No grandma said yes but he knew anyways; all of a sudden “POW’ there it was the “didn’t I tell you” spank. Look this went on for about 4 days, and I didn’t care; it was all about me and Flava. Other things happen and the pup had to be given away but since then I’ve always said I’m going to own pit bulls and I’m going to own some of the best.


As I got older I began to study everything I could about the American Pit Bull Terrier. The ins and outs, the good the bad just preparing myself for that day; the day I was allowed to own a dog. I started with the dogs from around the neighborhood. Asking their owners everything about their dogs; but listening and questioning everything they would say just so I could hear them repeat themselves, so I could understand these dogs better. These real dog men and women taught and showed me the importance of exercising, feeding, breeding, and whelping pups the right way, most of all they expressed the importance of simply keeping healthy dogs. One thing I learned early was that they all bred to a standard and it was the ADBA’s APBT breed standard.

My ideal American Pit Bull Terrier both dogs and bitches are 16” - 18” inches to the withers weights between 40 - 60 pounds on a highly active defined muscular frame.

Christopher W. Jones

Contact Information:
Email: thenovacainkennels2014@gmail.com